- Must have budget management and accounting abilities.
- Must have experience and / or education in general accounting procedures.
- Must have a love for children and possess ability and desire to work in a camp setting.
- Must work well with others and have supervisory abilities.
- Must be adaptable and enthusiastic.
- Must have at least one season of camp experience.
- RESPONSIBLE TO CAMP DIRECTOR AND OFFICE MANAGER
- To operate within the budget set for the summer camp program, keeping accurate records of purchases and expenditures.
- To manage the camp trading post.
- Purchase items needed by other areas.
1. Set up and maintain a balanced petty cash accounting system.
2. Supervise sales and inventory of camp store.
3. Conduct initial and end of season inventory.
4. Maintain attractive displays of all store merchandise and properly priced.
5. Balance the cash register at the end of each day.
6. Purchase supplies as needed for the store or departments.
7. Perform other duties as instructed by the camp director or office manager.
8. Work with boys/girls directors to make store schedule for cabins and distribute to counselors.
9. Have knowledge of emergency procedures including codes (black, yellow, blue, green).
- Must have knowledge of accounting, ability to use office equipment, ability to drive to pick up supplies, carry and load supplies, keep neat and orderly financial records, oversee all camp store functions.
- Possess knowledge and skills office etiquette.
- Be familiar with office equipment, including computers, telephone, and two-way radios.
- Ability to work well with others and be willing to follow instructions.
- Be creative in setting up store displays.
- CPR and First Aid certification preferred.
- RESPONSIBLE TO OFFICE MANAGER AND CAMP DIRECTOR
- To provide office and communication services for campers, parents and staff to ensure a smooth-running program, and to provide camp store services for selling store items.
- To support the camp administration by maintaining an efficient and pleasant office environment, taking care of camper and staff needs, and meeting guests.
- To operate the camp store receiving customers in a friendly and courteous manner.
1. Maintain office hours from 8 AM – 1 PM and 2 – 6 PM.
2. Answer phones, taking accurate and complete messages if the party is not able to take the call.
3. Have knowledge of emergency procedures including codes (black, yellow, blue, green).
4. Pick up and distribute mail to appropriate personnel.
5. Limit the use of office area and equipment to authorized staff members only.
6. Keep offices, hallways, restrooms and camp store clean, neat and orderly at all times, giving a thorough cleaning each Friday.
7. Assist with scheduling staff members for evaluations with the camp director.
8. Maintain attractive displays of all store merchandise.
9. Keep shelves stocked with items properly priced.
10. Handle cash purchases by campers and guests.
11. Treat all customers with courtesy, respect and friendly service.
12. Assist with room preparation, linens, laundry and cleaning for guests rooms.
- Ability to manage a busy office and meet the needs of campers, parents, staff and guests, and the ability to operate the camp store, meeting the needs of its customers.